View Single Post
Old February 18, 2007, 04:44 PM   #14
Mueller

Quote:
I wouldn't try firing blanks in a heavily populated area but if you are in a somewhat wooded area I wouldn't worry too much.
Check your local ordinances, before taking any advice off the internet.

Just because it's legal to own, does not mean that you can use it within the jurisdiction in which you live.

Remember that every state/county/city/municipal region/incorporated etc have all sorts of different rules and restrictions concerning firearms and the use of such and you may find to your dismay, that what your doing isn't allowed.

I see signs here every now and then, that say incorporated area no discharge of firearms allowed beyond this point, or words to that effect and know many cities have ordnances restricting the legal discharge of firearms and they make no distinction if ammunition with projectiles is used or one that makes nothing more than noise.

You have discharged a firearm for a purpose other than defense of life or at a certified range and if you are lucky they may say don't do it again if not expect to have it taken away and go to court and hopefully get only a misdemeanor charge and not a felony that prevents you from owning firearms.

Like I said before "Check your local ordinances, before taking any advice off the internet."

Hope this helps.

Page generated in 0.03781 seconds with 8 queries