View Single Post
Old July 9, 2005, 11:39 PM   #9
22-rimfire

Off topic, but... there was just recently a sizable cock fighting bust in far East Tennessee in the last few weeks. I have seen hundreds of properties in WV, KY, VA, and TN where the roosters are raised specifically for fighting. Like switch blades, owning the knives or roosters is legal, just not carrying them or in the case of roosters-fighting them in most states. It is not my thing. I was in S. America and invited to a cock fight... no thanks. But I had to see at least one bull fight. Reminds me of the movie "Apocalypse Now" and the Russian roulette scene.

On topic.... I don't know how you could ever exclude genetically enhanced big game from being listed in the record books from a practical perspective. I don't particularly like it, but when the state imports elk into an area to increase the breeding stock and establish a wild population... isn't it about the same thing?

The characterization of "Livestock" is not a bad way to look at it. Next thing they will be having deer sperm banks to fertilize the herd. Course you have to catch the does first.

Page generated in 0.03009 seconds with 8 queries