View Single Post
Old July 6, 2004, 06:47 AM   #1
jAK-47

SASS Rifle Recommendations

I want to get into SASS events so I thought I'd start out buying an appropriate rifle. It would be nice to have one that can be used for more than one purpose like small game and plinking - or even self defense.

My "research" here and elsewhere so far says that a Marlin lever 1894 is a good choice because it is reasonably priced and feeds pistol ammo reliably. I like the option of 38/.357 too; my preference in the handguns is .357 so this rifle would be nice. Who is EMF? Prices are good but I wonder about quality, etc.

If you want to recommend a revolver and even a shotgun for SASS please chime in. I know squat about Cowboy Action shotguns and not much more about the revolvers. Someone said Uberti makes a decent, reasonably priced revolver. The Ruger Vaquero looks kinda cool too. Just to confuse me further, Beretta has the Stampede now!

Here's a pic of the Marlin Model 1894 Lever Action Carbine, 357 Magnum/38 Special with 18 1/2" round barrel, blue steel, checkered walnut stock and forend, new in box. $375. Waddya think?

Thanks,
jAK-47

Page generated in 0.03456 seconds with 8 queries