View Single Post
Old October 17, 2007, 06:35 AM   #8
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
Having shot a blacktail deer with a 375 H&H, I can affirmatively state you will probably get a 3/8" hole going in, and a 3/8"-1/2" hole coming out. I can tell you that you will not ruin very much meat. The bullet is only traveling 2400-2500 fps, and is designed for Cape buffalo and elephants and such, so it will not expand hardly at all. It is kind of like shooting deer with a 45-70: big hole right through. You probably won't have to track the deer more than 25'.
My original thought was exactly what you mentioned above. Bullet hits, expands and comes out the other side. The reason I made this post is that my buddy who owns the 375 just got back from an antelope hunting trip in Wyoming. He brought a picture back for me showing what a 300 H&H at 125+ yards did to an antelope. I was amazed at the carnaige this round did to the antelope. The pic I have is pretty graphic so I won't post it, but it blew almost all of her lower organs out through a massive hole on her right side. I have truely never seen any thing like it.

After seeing that picture, I thought it was time to get some opinions on the 375.

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries