View Single Post
Old October 18, 2012, 11:28 PM   #23
tahunua001

Quote:
The main problem is that kids see stuff like this and probably think its just fun. Who knows what they might try based on this video? Someone could get seriously hurt attempting to mimic this kind of Special Forces training.

Not only that, it was broadcast on TV for everyone to see.
statements like this irritate me to no end.

back when I was growing up(and I still have a 2 in front of my age) you never had to have a legal disclaimer at the beginning of a tv show in case kids thought that was fun because we really weren't dumb enough to try it.
we watched violent cartoons, shot bb guns heck we had regular back yard safaris with our BB guns. we watched america's funniest home videos, and we never once said to ourselves "hey lets go out back and kick each other in the bean bags for a while, that looks like fun".

the way I figure it if a kid is dumb enough to try something like that at home then it is the parent's fault, not the trained professional that did it first. I grew up in a house full of hunters and some of the earliest lessons I learned were that once you die there is no respawn point and guns are not toys. I learned these long before I ever touched a gun.

if my child tried shooting a balloon out of somebodies mouth I would count that as a failure on my part and I would accept full responsibility for my childs actions. I would not blame tv, video games, playboy, the marines or anybody else.

if you have a kid and own a gun you owe it to your child to teach them as early as possible that guns are not toys.

Page generated in 0.03409 seconds with 8 queries