View Single Post
Old September 5, 2008, 09:08 PM   #6
Anthony C.

Well taking precise shots up to 200yds with that rig ain't gonna be a problem. And the best part is you don't need to worry about any environmental conditions with that cartridge at 200yds and less. yay! so you don't need the Kestrel for this particular mission...

All you need to worry about is Range, Angle, and Wind.

The most important tool for you besides MEASURING those 3 factors above correctly will be COMPENSATING for those 3 factors correctly. And the best way to do that is to use ballistic software. You'll need an optic with correct and consistent adjustments too.

BALLISTIC SOFTWARE
There's a free 30 day trial online of Remington Shoot! I used that then a buddy of mine introduced me to Exbal which is superior and easier to use. If you're not familiar with that stuff, all you do is type in your bullet data (coefficient, muzzle velocity, weight, caliber), environmental data, and zero distance...and press "calculate." The software then kicks out your optic adjustment for every distance from 0 to however far you say in increments of 10yds 25yds or 50yds. And utilizing that system is what's gonna set you apart from the guy making guesses where he should hold the cross-hairs.

OPTIC
Yours may be fine for the task, but it may not. You need to test it. It's too easy. Conduct a box test from at least 100 meters away. Hopefully you won't need to buy a new scope. Also, it'll be very helpful to learn to convert inches, MOA, and mils into each other.

Page generated in 0.02310 seconds with 8 queries