View Single Post
Old August 11, 2018, 07:43 AM   #53
hooligan1

I have both and shoot both well enough to still not tell the difference in them ballistically.
But I will say that the 6.5 Creedmoor isn't any fad, no even close, there is more commercial ammo for it at the store everyday it seems like and grumblings that the military are testing it is common knowledge now.
It,(6.5 Creedmoor) will be here and have plenty of offerings both in rifles, and ammunition for eternity, because of it's inherent accuracy and low recoil coupled with it's short actioned based application.
I've read the July issue of Rifle Magazine and John Barsness's article Muzzle Velocity Obsessions.
On page 49 he included a chart, the comparison of a 143 grn eldx, and a 130 grn Interlock, is an eye opener. Also it could be that the popularity of both cartridges is still on the incline.
I built a Creedmoor on a Mauser action that has many bells and whistles and it's crazy accurate for what it is, having said all of this, I will forever have a .270 Winchester in my safe to hunt anything I get a chance at.

Page generated in 0.02970 seconds with 8 queries