View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 12:22 AM   #14
Jim243

Quote:
Any shot that would "knock" a deer sized animal over would do the same thing to the shooter...simple science.
I am astounded by the number of science teachers we have on this forum.

And the wise ancients that spew facts at the drop of a hat.

We must sit in a circle and listen to our elders tell us how they hunted down the wild beasts of the west with a single arrow at 500 yards and how they brought in that 50 lbs salmon with their bare hands. And in respect we sit there and listen in silence while all the time thinking "What a Crock".

If I remember correctly the first vest tests was done with a 38 Spl not a 308. A 308 will go straight through a bullet proof vest, and that would not have been too nice for the shooter, now would it.

And since when does a 180 grain 308 bullet have the same mass as a 1 oz. 12 gauge Forster Slug? If you hit a man with your bicycle at 5 miles an hour, how far will he be thrown 3 to 5 feet, if you hit a man with your car at 5 miles an hour how far will HE be thrown? 5 to 10 feet? For all you science teachers out there it is the mass that makes the difference.

Now I don't know if the deer jumped 8 feet sideways or if the slug had enough energy to throw him sideways, or if a stunt double was pulling a rope on the deer.

But it does make for a good campfire story.
Jim

Last edited by Jim243; July 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.03850 seconds with 8 queries