View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 06:55 PM   #91
44 AMP
Staff

Well, all this talk has motivated me to take inventory. I began today. It will take a while. The last time I took inventory of my loaded ammo was 2005.

And back then, I only got through .22LR and handgun rounds before I quit, at something above 25K.

I've shot a bit since then, and I've bought a bit as well, having added 4 or 5 new calibers, and their ammo. This time, I'm going through it all, including components. Kind of curious now, to see what it totals up to...

No, I'm not interested in selling any at this time, thank you. ALSO, I'm not BUYING any ammo at this time, either. Thank you. You are all welcome to get what you can, I'm not hindering you, or making any inroads on the current supply in any way.

Quote:
..was that friends, next door neighbors, closely associated coworkers or family who you have talked to who have NO ammo for a gun whatsoever
I don't have any of those. Sorry. The closest I have to someone like that is a friend who currently doesn't have any ammo for his .350 Rem Mag. But he has lots of other guns and lots of ammo for them. And I have dies and a few hundred cases for the .350, and he gave me a couple boxes of bullets, so he'll have ammo for that gun when he wants it.

Seriously, my social circle is small, and I actually do not know anyone who has any interest in guns that does not have at least basic minimum for their needs. Wants are a different matter, and generally we are going to wait for this panic to pass before going after future wants. And we do this voluntarily, so the rest of us can better see to their needs in this trying time.

I proudly thumb my nose at the flippers, speculatiors and peculators (ok, that last one is a crime), but I realize that since I do believe in capatalism, they have a right to make a buck. Personally, I hope lots of them get stuck with a big loss when the bubble bursts, but I won't cry for, or about them, either way.

As I said before, I do sympathize with the young folks, it toughest for them. But we will get past this, I do firmly believe. You folks just starting out, get something, and hang on to it, for now. Save the expansion of your desires for later. Like I said, I'll drive you to the hospital if you need to go (and there's no ambulance), but I won't give away my stuff just so you can play.

And I refuse to be belittled or insulted just because I took up shooting, reloading and collecting 40 years before you decided you had to have a gun and ammo to practice with.....

Page generated in 0.02155 seconds with 8 queries