Thread: S/A versitility
View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 12:35 PM   #3
rclark

Couldn't agree more ZVP. I sold off my last full size DA revolver a few years ago as it was gathering dust in the safe. Only DA I now have is my .44Spec Bulldog only because they don't make a big-bore SA in that nice light form factor. I have a .44Spec New Vaquero Sheriff, but you can 'feel' and see the difference in weight and size. I think a birds-head grip frame would help here. Anyway, sticking with the Bulldog for CC with 4 in the cylinder... for now. Anyway, for what I do and enjoy the SA is all I will ever need or want in the handgun category. Dandy plinking, target, camp, fishing, hiking, and hunting handguns. Simple internals to break down and put back together for cleaning. Do some BP shooting with them... Plus they look right and feel right in your hand. What more could you ask? I don't need to empty 18 rounds in 2 seconds, or 12 shots in 2.99 seconds.

Each to their own though. And some shooters have completely different needs like LE or Military where the SA is a bit dated for that use.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.02535 seconds with 8 queries