View Single Post
Old May 1, 2010, 11:03 PM   #15
CajunPowder

Brass - Remmie

Oh yeah ... it's gotta be made out of brass, the whole thing has to be made out of materials that WILL NOT SPARK.

I think the "total loader" should be made first for the Remmie, as it seems to have a cylinder that is easiest to remove for these purposes.

I worked at one place where I got to make up all the acronyms for products and projects, etc... So I love this type of thought process.

Here are some ideas for names for the project. And perhaps if this is created the gentlemen involved can share in some way. I would just like to get a nice Remmie and then one of these as I certainly intend to purchase at least 2 extra cylinders.

Total Loader
Cylinder Filler
Ram it Full
Quick Ram
Six Baller
Six Rammer
Black Baller
Lead Packer

I LIKE the caulking gun design. Significant force can be achieved with that design. And that the body of the entire mechanism would be a cylinder that the revolver's cylinder would then rest in the bottom of is a good design.

Care must be taken in the design so that it does not scratch or wear the bluing on the cylinder.

I don't think that the charging of the chamber should be automated. They should be charged while sitting in the bottom of this mechanism. It's the ramming of the balls that is important. No fumbling with the cylinder while it has powder in it.

As well, the caulking gun design could guard the charged chambers from wind, or even drizzle.

I think a PVC tube might be the body of this perhaps, but just whistling and thinking.

Selling interchangeable heads with the basic "total loader" would be the real trick. That would get the big boys like Cabela's interested.

I think frontier class CAS shooters would eat this up. Competition target shooters would like this as well. As the tolerances on target guns are often much more refined the target shooters are removing the cylinder for maintainance often anyway.

The Remmie is certainly the one to design for as many people do purchase extra cylinders to enable them to "Clint Eastwood" their shooting sessions.

I have no doubt it can be done. And I still think Grymster needs to pay this thread a visit. With his autocad skills, etc... he's the man.

I want to add the idea of a tripod base that is collapsible, like a camera tripod, (one of those tiny miniature ones), for the entire thing to sit upon.

If it is something like a PVC tube with a caulking gun press integrated, then the cylinder sitting in the bottom fits into a ring in the middle of the low angle tripod legs. The only forces are those generated on the opposing members of the presses handgrip, like a cartridge primer.

With one of these one could even hang out at the range and "charge per cylinder". I know at open air ranges folks are always fascinated with black powder revolvers, why not just open up shop? (Ok, Ok, this is just humor).

I'm not totally sure about legalities, but anybody involved in this thread in a serious way would have the ability to lay some claim to revenues in part if it hit the big time.

There's probably already a patent on a device like this, but if there is not, anyone of us involved in this thread would have the right to enjoin a patent up to a year after it was filed.

And I hate to say it, but the most work in marketing a device like this is the legal divvies.

So I just want a free one.

And it MUST be made in American. Sure, outsoure the machining of the parts perhaps, but final assembly is in America!

Last edited by CajunPowder; May 1, 2010 at 11:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.03218 seconds with 8 queries