View Single Post
Old October 31, 2008, 07:24 PM   #25
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
The E2Defender has a "strike bezel" on the front for self-defense. As far as I can see, the "strike bezel" seems to make the flashlight twice as expensive.
Can you really use this thing as a tactical tool or is it just a gimmick to make the flashlight more expensive?
Tactical tool? Depends on how you look at it.

My opinion is a resounding "Yes". The thinking is your adding more concentrated force on a smaller area compared to a normal bezel. This may be negligible to some, but I think a strike to the face with one will be more convincing....not that I want to be struck with a normal bezel....

The problem I see is that people view a flashlight as a viable secondary defensive tool. Then, it gets evaluated as such with criticism when a manufacturer has an idea that might give a victim an edge on some form. If it costs an "x" amount that some may see wrong, then I say don't buy it. If I were a business man, I would charge as much as I can on my product if sales were there. It's called Economics 101. It doesn't make it a gimmick.

My wife uses the E2D Defender and I was willing to be the sucker that payed up a few bucks. I have no regrets now. I definitely won't regret it if God forbid she somehow has to effecively use it on an assailant.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.02776 seconds with 8 queries