View Single Post
Old December 20, 2014, 06:54 PM   #85
OnTheFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal10
DIY_guy, did you heat the metal as per the instructions for Froglube? I wonder how much difference it makes especially on the friction, and corrosion tests?
It would have to be done for all the products though to be fair. The heat will allow the products to penetrate deeper into the metal surface at least that's the theory for Froglube it may apply to the others as well.

Well executed test, look forward to more of them when and if you can afford time and resources.
I think a fair comparison would be to apply all of the products per their individual instructions. There may be some advantages (such as heating the metal) that may make the products perform better, but that is a burden of the manufacturer to determine. If their instructions don't recommend a particular process to apply the product, then it should be assumed that their instructions are using the optimal method.

So, for me at least, the question would be whether all the products were applied per the manufacturer's instructions.

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...

Page generated in 0.02668 seconds with 8 queries