View Single Post
Old June 9, 2019, 05:05 PM   #27
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Driving a bolt into a steel barrel proves nothing, BTW.
A bolt driven solidly into the bore, then the gun fired with a round loaded 50% over maximum without the slide flying apart certainly does mean something!
Have you even watched the series of youtube videos that I referenced.
Bottom line, in the last video where again a bolt was driven tightly into the bore, and a 50% overload round chambered after the slide was c-clamped to the frame, then fired they finally blew up the Hi-Point. But not the slide. The polymer frame let go...finally.
I think there is a significant difference in the zinc, aluminum, magnesiom, copper alloy ZAMAK used today, and the mostly zinc "pot metal" of Mattel toys.
Yes, I have a Hi-Point. Actually two. I first bought a C9 just to see if they were possibly as bad as all the gun snob hate claimed. I was beyon pleasantly surprised at how accurate, and reliable they are. So much so that when I found a good deal n a 45acp my del I gotta that that too.
My Heritage Rough Rider experience is much the same. Again, just bought one mostly because of the gun snob hate. Again quite pleasantly surprised, and afdded a 3 1/2" Birds Head model to go with my 6 1 /6" gun.
my only complaint, like many others, is the unnecessary, ugly safety lever!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries