View Single Post
Old January 23, 2021, 11:02 AM   #33
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
Good advice. However I dry fire three times a day for 10 minutes. I do a lot of drawing from the holster and I use a laser cartridge. I also use BB/Pellet and Air soft for training and fun. In the past I was shooting 22.cal as well but things are changing even quicker than I anticipated.

I no longer shoot any of my LARGE inventory of Ammo. None. The Ammo shortage is not going to recover and ammo for protection is going to be of vital importance. Just like I prepared years ago to start a good supply, I can also now see that things are going to get very ugly in the next few years.
I still shoot my Shotguns as I am able to find the supply easier to get. I also shoot Black Powder, but do not know how long that will last. I add to my supply of that as well.

To me shooting is part of owning firearms, whether that’s training or practicing what you’ve been trained. Pure enjoyment is a legitimate use as well. Dry fire and pellet don’t replace actual shooting. I can get someone not wanting to shoot as much, but shutting it off entirely is to me going to a detrimental extreme.

I have ammo set aside for defense. At the same time even longer engagements aren’t generally involving thousands of rounds. If the flag really goes up then medical supplies, medical training, food, clean water, and a community of like minded people to help take care of you and each other are going to matter more than a few thousand rounds in the basement. If the best I can do for my son is pass him a supply of never shot pistol ammunition from decades ago I don’t know that I’ve accomplished much, especially if he himself is then unwilling to shoot it. Just my philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02699 seconds with 8 queries