View Single Post
Old August 17, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1
skoal3

choosing a deer bullet

I had planned to use Barnes TSX for deer this year in my 7mm08 but now I can't find any, don't reload yet, so what else should I use if I can't find a box or two in the next month? There are so many different bullets out there that its making my head spin. I want to just get a couple boxes of Remington core lokts and forget about it because I know they have been successfully killing game for many many years and would work just fine but I also believe there are better choices so why not take advantage of them? I will be going to the snake river unit in Oregon this year for the first time and I'm thinking there is a very good possibility of some longer shots, it is called hell's canyon for a reason, so a bullet with a high b.c. would probably be good. Here's what I have on had at the moment and at least a box of each so I will have plenty for the trip.

Hornady sst 139gr
Hornady gmx 139gr
Hornady interlock 139gr (American Whitetail)
Remington core lokt 140gr
Federal vital shock trophy copper 140gr

Which one of those might be the best on a mulie or possible whitetail anywhere out to maybe 300 or 400 yards, I won't take a shot any further than that, I know they will all kill with a good shot but what have your guys' experiences been?

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 8 queries