View Single Post
Old May 25, 2010, 05:50 PM   #75
Evyl Robot

Quote:
... unfortunately I'm really a cheap ars, & want to learn to make my own...
Quote:
but I do love to design things
LOL! How do you think I GOT INTO this mess? Truthfully, I knew that my days of working for somebody else were numbered. It runs in the blood. My dad, my dad's dad, and his dad were all self-employed. When I became unemployed in January, and then went on a 90-day contract a month later, it just became obviously clear that I personally will never be happy working for somebody else. Mrs. Robot was so funny. She was downright excited when I quit the last gig. She said that she'd rather be poor than have me such a zombie in the evenings.

Quote:
sounds like you need to find a few guys like me, who are looking for not your everyday kind of holster, who have more than one gun to fit, who hang with several other gun crazy people ( hmm... sounds like Aaronds suggestion )
This is exactly what I've been relying on so far. I know that it will eventually snowball, but I'm currently trying to find a creative way to accelerate that. Most of the time it's been lefties looking for an N-frame holster or holsters to fit guns with lasers, or other unique situations. Thank God Galco doesn't cater to every possible option!

Right now, I'm trying very hard not to get discouraged when I don't have 'work' to do. Frankly, time spent like this - just chatting with a couple of guys on a gun forum, this makes the sales to a large degree. If either of you ran across somebody that was looking for something really unique that you didn't want to touch, you might think of me. If I found out that my friend in Stillwater had a friend that wanted a good Western rig, I'd probably refer them to Aarond. Maybe not, but if I have ten chats like this, the likelihood of it causing a sale increases significantly.

If I could figure out a way to get enough jobs to stay busy with the hands-on work for a solid 5-6 hours per day, I think I could make that work. The reason I only say 5-6 hours is because I still need to account for design time, marketing time, cruising for supplies, etc. I would really like to make this thing inclusively an eight hour x five day gig. But as they say, you can want in one hand and defecate in the other and see which one fills up faster.

Page generated in 0.02800 seconds with 8 queries