View Single Post
Old July 16, 2018, 11:37 PM   #16
Sterling

OP... Some more info needed. Will you use it for sport / leisure or self defense also what kind of budget your working with. Without putting cash numbers out-- just by telling us what you have been looking at it would be easier to know where your at budget wise. That said Having both Semiauto and pump 12 and 20ga shottys I will say a 20ga pump loaded with buckshot is softer on my shoulder than a semi auto 12ga same ammo be it buckshot or deer slug. And yes a semiauto 12 or 20ga shotgun is softer shooting than its pump action counter part because of the gas being both used and bled off. I STRONGLY urge you to explore shooting a 20ga pump or semiauto if you have shoulder issues as I do. Imo world of diffrence in recoil to 12ga guns. If using for self defense or deer for that matter I doubt a badguy with a hole in his chest will wonder if that was a 1oz or 3/4oz slug that just went thru him. Not trying to start a thread war but... On a personal note.... Maybe cause Ive had picky autoloding shotguns in the past and Im paranoid of hearing a click sound in time of crisis I can not bring myself to have or use a autoloading shotgun as a self defense weapon and keep a Glock or 20ga pump for home defense....Then again I never owned a fancy Benelli or Barretta out of my wallet reach though I hear good thing about them. I will say the times my 12ga autoloaders ran consistant it was with high brass buckshot or slugs. End of Ramble

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries