View Single Post
Old June 18, 2016, 09:50 AM   #13
Rachen

Track Of The Wolf and Winchester Sutler carries "nipple sleeves" for percussion revolvers. They are small cut pieces of plastic tubing that tightly fit over a capped nipple and still expose the top of the cap. Waterproof and tight enough to guarantee that the cap will not fall off or get wet. A loaded, capped and sleeved Remington 1858 is just as formidable as a 1873 SAA loaded with modern JHP ammo.

If a sober person had been standing at or near the front of Pulse Nightclub, and was armed with a Colt Navy or 1858, and is a calm, level-headed good shot, how much you want to bet he wouldn't be able to give that dirtbag terrorist a brain cavity enema with one shot during one of the pauses when that waste of oxygen actually STOOD STILL and texted on his phone with his AR hanging at his side.

I think I would actually prefer the 1858 to make that shot because of it's accuracy and great sight picture. That or any other single action revolver. One shot difference. And less chance of hitting an innocent because you are not pumping that trigger like a bottle of Windex.

I occasionally carry my Pietta 1858 when I am in a seedy place, especially when driving a delivery truck and have to stop at certain cities where it is just not quite serene. Never had a incident. Caps are always sleeved. And all rounds fired fine even after months of being loaded and the gun exposed to rain and snow.

Page generated in 0.02383 seconds with 8 queries