View Single Post
Old July 22, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Doodlebugger45

For my needs, no it's not worth it for the combo. I was severely tempted at one time though. I was dissatisfied with my el cheapo $30 digital scale and decided to upgrade. I looked at the RCBS 1500 combo. In the end though I just bought the 1500 scale for $95 and didn't bother with the dispenser part of it. I can always add that part later if I change my mind. To me though it didn't make sense. When I load revolver rounds I might do 200 in a sitting once a week. I always use powders that meter very well through my Lee Perfect Powder measure. After I get it adjusted to throw the desired weight, then I only measure every eighth charge just to make sure nothing has changed. I am never off by more than 0.1 gr, which is plenty close for me. When I load rifle cases, it's different. I rarely if ever load more than 20 rounds for a rifle. And oftentimes it's for load development where I change the powder weight after 3 or 5 cases. For that work, it's no big deal to trickle the powder in until I have it just right. For 20 rounds the time it takes to trickle is not significant.

Page generated in 0.03185 seconds with 8 queries