Thread: African Safari
View Single Post
Old March 6, 2006, 02:01 AM   #1
trooper3385

African Safari

I'm planning a hunt in South Africa next year. I never thought I would be able to afford this at this point, but I got hooked up on a really good deal. I'm not going to be doing any hunting for dangerous game. I will be able to take my choice of 3 animals. More if I want to. The question I have is what caliber would you all recommend. The animals will be like Kudu, Elland, wildebeast. I don't think I spelled that right, but you get the idea on what type of game I would be taking. Theres others in the size range that I would be able to choose from. I have a 7mm Weatherby mag that should work fine, but for a hunt like this, I would like to take another rifle for stand by, or use the 7mm as a stand by. If anything, it's a good excuse to the wife for getting another rifle. The outfitters recommends a 270 minimum up to a 375. I don't have any plans for getting a 375. I would like it to be something I can still use for hunting here when I get back. I was thinking of something like a 338 mag, 300 win mag, or possibly the new 325 win short mag. I would like to get something in a 30 caliber so that I can use heavier jacketed bullets. Also, if anyone has any experience hunting in Africa, please give me some advice.

Page generated in 0.02235 seconds with 8 queries