View Single Post
Old October 17, 2015, 08:42 PM   #58
A pause for the COZ

Quote:
Not at all; County Gov't job, also as a teacher; also working on power plants (DHS rules). Never felt so scared that I wanted body armor or a bulletproof backpack.

Please cite where those backpacks saved folks from a massacre
You realize that as a power worker you are one of the main targets?? You can use the fish school technique if you want. Hope there are enough targets that they wont get to you.
I too work in the power industry and we train all the time on what to do in an event. Mostly it entails who to call, when to call. When and how to barricade,Were the rally points are. Who is the responsible event leader. ect and added cameras.( I am looking at a wall of 26 of them right now)they have added a slew of locked doors every were to try to corral the shooters.
Should have seen last summer when we had a stranger walking around our operations center. Created quite the commotion. He was just looking for the business office.
Point is, If companies are taking it seriously enough that they are implementing new policies to try to mitigate the risk( no armed guards and I cant be armed). We should too on a personal level with in the rules.

For our schools that we know have already been targeted on multiple occasions. They added a sign.

Cant site any examples as yet. They are too new to the space. Plus you would have to factor in people who are aware of their safety. Might get the willies and move before hand.
I have my plate in my back pack. I know its there when I pick it up and I know why. I look around with out even knowing it.

Last edited by A pause for the COZ; October 17, 2015 at 09:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 8 queries