View Single Post
Old July 31, 2008, 06:34 PM   #71
sandbag

Because I've carried handguns since I was 18-I'm 62 now.I spent 41/2 years in the military and 26 years in LE.I feel funny without a handgun.In recent years I have had serious health problems which means I have no intention of duking it out with a mugger or crazy sob that wants to threaten me or a member of my family.My city has gotten worse in terms of random violence.
I am a very disciplined individual with regard to firearms.I will never fire at someone because I lose my temper.Only to prevent a serious assault.In over 20 years on the bricks,including 9 assigned to narcotics I dealt with lots of dangerous and armed violators and never fired a shot.My favorite weapon was a flashlight.I used my handgun as a bludgeon on a number of occasions,including one where the BG had a pistol pointed at me.I didn't think,just acted.His lucky night as he told me later.
It is also my right as an American to own a handgun and I believe to carry one if I can demonstrate that I am competent(even cops and soldiers have to qualify to carry)-and no halfass commie politician is going to make me surrender that right unless I am certifiably insane or convicted of a felony.that last should be restricted to violent felonies.I don't think Martha Stewart would stick up a 7-11 if she had a handgun.

Last edited by sandbag; July 31, 2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: repetition

Page generated in 0.03204 seconds with 8 queries