View Single Post
Old June 7, 2012, 06:08 PM   #6
BigJimP

To me - its an issue best described ....as to whether a target is moving relative to my position ...especially hard to my left or right ...( then I point, and follow thru )....watching the bird ( never the barrel ) - feel the lead required - as the target continues to move - bang - keep focus on leading edge of the target - even as I follow thru ( matching the speed and flight of the target - whether clay or feathered).

If the target or intruder were advancing on me ...in a tactical situation ...probably more straight on toward me then I would be executing a shot with a shotgun ...more like aiming...with no left to right barrel movement...bang - recover from recoil - then a follow up shot as I come back on target - etc....( my eyes are primarily on the front bead of the shotgun - just like in handguns )..."Front sight", "Front Sight"...and while you're aware of the target ...focus is on the front sight ...so I would consider it aiming.

In both cases I shoot with both eyes open ....but I shoot with both eyes open even on Tactical Handgun drills too with my revolvers, 1911's etc.

So to me its a subtle difference between pointing and aiming .../ and how I react to execute a shot based on the targets movement relative to my position as I am firing.

Page generated in 0.02367 seconds with 8 queries