View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013, 11:04 AM   #9
JimDandy

Quote:
regard to state vs NGB funding for such operations, but suspect the burden would fall primarily or exclusively on the state, so I doubt we will see much of that.
I believe that they probably get some base level of Federal Funding to keep their readiness at a certain level. I've heard anecdotally of Helicopter and fighter pilots being required to repeatedly Touch-And-Go at their airfields to get enough hours to maintain their flight rating.

The National Guard helicopters also perform a lot of Search And Rescue (SAR) functions when hikers, and climbers get lost and/or injured out here between the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges. I assume with at least some Federal Funding given the readiness applications of this "training" and the "interstate commerce" possibility of someone from out of state getting lost in a park/mountain/etc.

Quote:
So, 140 years later, people may think using the military as cops would be a great idea.
I think we have it right. Civil unrest like the LA Riots, Malfeasance by the government like the Stand In The Schoolhouse Door, and National Disasters like Katrina can justify it for VERY specific and short time periods.

Further, I don't think Posse Comitatus should or would affect Foreign Nationals entering the country illegally. Especially those smuggling in a Clear And Present Danger to our communities.

Page generated in 0.05532 seconds with 8 queries