View Single Post
Old December 8, 2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Ace_Breaker

I've owned several commercial P225's and they are a great handgun. The problem with a police trade in P6 is what date it is and does it have the new feedramp angle to handle JHP. I've been there and done that. Without the fix you'll be shooting ball ammo all day long if you want it to function right. Couldn't get through 2-3 rounds of JHP. P6 also have the heavy springs in them, unlike the commercial 225's. They can be changed out though. I've done trigger polish jobs on both models and changed out springs to make the single action really nice and the double action better. So, if you buy one it may need some fixes. I'd check the Sigforum. I know there had been other P6 issues out there.

P6 are very similar to the P220 in the grip area. It is nothing like my P239, which is thicker.

The 220 is a great handgun. It handles recoil very well. In my opinion the .45 is less snappy than .40. I've owned an XDSC .40 and it was a snappy little beast. I let a rangemaster and shooting buddy try it and they agreed. No fun to shoot and very hard on the hands. I dumped it. I've never had hand pain with any Sig. I would go with the 220. I do have a P239 SAS two tone with DAK trigger and really like it.

Page generated in 0.03116 seconds with 8 queries