View Single Post
Old September 6, 2000, 08:12 PM   #18
BadMedicine

Gizmo, you think the .22 is to small for rabbits? That's all we ussually use, (except the occasional 20 ga. for busting brush) And I've never had a problem with a quick kill, when they were hit good. Yeah, I've hit a few too far back and had to follow up with the other 11 that sit in my clip, but generally a head shot or through the shoulders drops them. When I was about 6 and my brother 8 we had single shot .22 rifles, we were new at hunting, and we would drive this road up in fairbanks in the afternoon. The snowshoe hairs (BIG BUNNIES) would sit on this ridge about 15 yrds from the road sunning themselves. We'd get out, lay on the burm at the side of the road and shoot them right in the nose. We didn't use CCI's or hollow points, just regular solid $1. a box .22's and those rabbits would absolutly flip backwards. I think a rabbits last nerve twitch is to straiten it's back legs, maybe in an attempt to gain that last bit of cover, or whereever it's trying to go. Snow-shoes are so fun too hunt, because in the spring the snow melts, and they're still white. They think they're camoflauge still, like they are 90% of the year, so they don't run. We get alot in the spring, and that means a special dinner, Snow-Shoe-'chaladas

Page generated in 0.03395 seconds with 8 queries