View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 07:55 PM   #32
gaseousclay

Quote:
Gas,
People just have their preferences.

If Colt sent the Peacemaker off to be built in China, it'd kill the gun off.
If they sent it to Japan, pretty much the same.
Some people are even concerned Colt will move the Peacemaker to the new building in Florida. "What? It won't be made in HARTFORD anymore???!!!???"
true but there's a huge difference between manufacturing standards in Japan versus China. I consider Chinese made product junk. I consider Japanese made product high quality. Japan is our economic partner and without them we wouldn't have a lot of the product we see on the shelf. I also consider the Japanese artisans in their own right, so guns being made by Miroku are a stamp of approval for me. it speaks volumes when I prefer a gun made in Japan over a new rifle by Marlin in the US.

Quote:
Tradition can be very powerful in marketing & sales, and some things suffer when messed with.

Brownings have never been deeply ingrained in the gun world's conscious & sub-conscious view of American history like Winchesters & Colts.
Some people care where they're made just out of national pride, most couldn't care less as long as the quality's there (and it doesn't say CHINA on it anywhere).
The vast majority of gun buyers don't even know that Browning manufactures exactly none of their products themselves, anyway.
this is the crux of the problem though isn't it? i'm guessing that Winchester closed their New Haven shop due to bad sales. if gun owners took pride in where their guns were made surely Winchester would still be a US owned company rather than owned by FN. as for Browning, I assumed the 'made in Japan' stamped onto every Browning barrel was the dead giveaway that they weren't making their guns in the US

Page generated in 0.02308 seconds with 8 queries