View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Stressfire

How to survive a shooting incident...

Attended a conference yesterday and one of the presentations was about how to survive a critical incident, such as a rampage shooter, in the workplace.

Tactics presented were the ALICE method, devised after Columbine by two of the officers. Personally, I would prefer the "draw and return fire" method, but as I work in what is technically a state agency - it would be a felony to carry even if our employee policies did not prohibit it.

Anyways - I spent most of the workshop cringing at every mention of hunkering down, barring doors, and....sigh....throwing things at the shooter.

Would this even work? Heck, the first words from the presenter were "Ohio has recently passed concealed carry, and license holders know the rules." Gah! Yes, and they won't be there to save out butts because we don't allow guns!

As I told my coworkers "Sorry, guys, but if this happens, I'm out the back door. I love you, but you're on your own and I'll be in my car with my phone and my gun, because I'm not comin' back in"

More a mini-rant than anything, was just so frustrating....

Page generated in 0.05918 seconds with 8 queries