View Single Post
Old May 24, 2012, 10:13 PM   #30
Jerry45

Well I wouldn't have thought I would have to admit it BUT today she DID. She with her .223 outshout me with the new stock and scope on the 06. Actually I shot the .223 almost as well she did and better than I did with the 06. It was HOTTTT!!!! The 06 heated up really quickly and never did really get a chance cool down. The 223 has a Bull barrel and will shoot all day long without heating up.

I have the scope on the 06 close to zero but have to check it again with a cold barrel. It always starts moving down and left as it heats up. It will shot one 1/2" high 1" right then three dead center then it starts moving lower and more left until it is shooting 2" low and 1" left and will continue to shoot there. I usually zero it for the three shot group. Then I hold low left for the first shot and can usually get a nice five shot group. Then it goes in the rack while I play with other toys for 1/2 hour. Today it was hot hot hot. Just before I left I was shooting 1/2" size pieces of clay pigeons off the berm by dialed the scope up 2" over 1 1/4". I put the last shot before I left dead center between the eyes of a silhouette at 100. I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of the new setup fairly quickly.

Now all I need to do is find an old beater Remington long action rifle for a couple hundred bucks so I can send the action out to be tuned and re-barreled.

Last edited by Jerry45; May 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.02533 seconds with 8 queries