View Single Post
Old March 5, 2021, 05:56 PM   #153
TunnelRat

10mm vs .40 rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
I did read article long time ago comparing FMJ and JHP in going through walls, big difference.

That's my point, comparing 9mm to 45 only. Here we talk about 10mm, it is much worst. I just do my best to stop the intruders with minimal force, not being Rambo. Just want the minimum to get the job done in home defense.

Ha ha, all the windows in the house are double windows with 1/4" safety laminated glass and 1/4" lacent(I think) that is polymer, those for bullet proof if thicker. I paid a lot of money for that.

Even JHPs will go straight through most building materials. That’s what I’ve been talking about and as mentioned you can find videos showing this. Will FMJs go through more of them were we to stack them? Very likely, but modern hollowpoints are designed to shoot through barriers and not expand while doing so. This is in part because there are real world situations where you want to be able to defeat barriers even when using hollowpoints. What I’ve been saying is 9mm, 45ACP, or 10mm will all penetrate through the exterior walls of a home, even in hollowpoint form.

I get the feeling you didn’t get my point at all, whether for obtuseness or the strongest case of confirmation bias I’ve seen in a while. If it’s a failure in my explanation I don’t know how to make it clearer. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03193 seconds with 8 queries