View Single Post
Old October 5, 2017, 02:06 PM   #5
reddog81

Unless your willing to take a gamble it's smart to only buy guns you can inspect in person. The biggest problem with the common S&W's is timing. More often than not the 32's I've seen for sale have serious timing problems. The 38's have been more reliable in my experiences. I have 3 S&W 38 Double Actions and they all shoot OK.

Personally I am not interested in the Iver Johnson's or H&R's. I have never run across an antique break top that functions correctly from them. I have seen numerous "parts" guns, but you cannot expect to take two 120 year old parts guns and create a functioning gun. Often times the same parts break in each gun and even if a part is not broken it is probably worn to the point it will not correctly function in the other 120 year old gun.

Regarding ammo availablity - Both 38 and 32 S&W calibers are currently found online for about $15 a box. I had a much more difficult time finding anything 32 S&W for long stretches time over the previous panics. You could always find 38 S&W and my local Scheels even sell boxes.

Page generated in 0.03394 seconds with 8 queries