View Single Post
Old November 24, 2019, 06:53 PM   #6
FrankenMauser

The best way to improve a Ruger 77 Mk II trigger is to replace it with a Timney trigger and sear.
There's so much over-engagement built in to the factory parts that they aren't worth messing with unless you're dead broke and have nothing else to do with your time.

The Timneys are adjustable and come with a lighter spring. Between the screw adjustment and the two springs (Timney supplied spring, and the factory spring), it can be adjusted to suit almost any shooter.
I don't even bother with the light spring. Just getting a clean, crisp trigger makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, you'll need to push some pins out. (If "driving" comes into play, there's something wrong. The pins should push out relatively easily.)
And, in the case of the Timney triggers, you'll need to do a little fitting for proper operation of the safety.

Edit: I just scrolled back up and saw some prices listed for the Timneys. I've never had to pay that much. They go on sale often enough that I paid less than $100 for each of mine.

Page generated in 0.03431 seconds with 9 queries