View Single Post
Old January 2, 2020, 03:32 PM   #12
Cosmodragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
Well, of course BUT these 2 types of ammo HAVE been tested head to head with other .380 ammo that DOES have real world results and the 'tests' show Lehigh-type performs better in these head to head tests, particularly when shooting a short barrel HG thru layers of clothes. JHP clogs and 'over' penetrates, small wound channel..like a FMJ. Lehigh type, thru clothes, penetrates 'average' BUT produces a large wound channel.
I haven't carried .380 in years. It's not the worst but I wouldn't choose it for EDC if I could help it. I'd like a little more confidence in both penetration and expansion for hollow-points. I like the concept behind Lehigh's machined copper solids. They eliminate the expansion question altogether. Of course, they don't penetrate any more extremely than FMJ but they do a better job of tearing up media along the wound channel.

Ammo cost or availability issues for .32 H&R magnum or .327 Federal become largely irrelevant if we're only comparing specialty .380 ammo like the Lehigh.

Page generated in 0.02730 seconds with 8 queries