View Single Post
Old September 25, 2005, 08:08 AM   #14
N.H. Yankee

You never know when a Gangsta Rapper might ambush you in the crapper, sorry it popped in my head and I had to say it. I have a large aggressive dog and a small yapper. I have never yet been surprised by someone getting even close to the door and usually get a warning when they are in the driveway on foot. I live where there is a part time P.D. and one is usually left to their own devices. I have firearms strategically placed within the house and if taking a bath or shower will have one on the window sill next to the tub in arms reach. I also advocate if really worried LOCKING the door for that extra moment toward response, most inner doorknobs are easily breached.

I think some who live in a very crime infested area especially woman should perhaps have a deadbolt installed on the bathroom door and bring in their cell phone also, especially if not willing to buy a weapon and use it. We will never be 100% crime proof but some so called paranoia will go a long way in keeping one from being a victim. Paranoid is all in ones opinion and at times is derived from experience's in life. I would rather be paranoid and alive than macho and dead.

Page generated in 0.02333 seconds with 8 queries