Thread: Getting a CCL?
View Single Post
Old March 28, 2009, 03:08 PM   #8
chris in va

Quote:
if you take a local class you will(should) be taught the laws of your state, IE: where you cant carry.
Not always. Many classes don't offer 'legal' advice for fear of reprocussions. My VA class instructor said we had to go find out for ourselves or consult a lawyer.

Quote:
if your state accepts it the florida non resident permit is easy to get, covers quite a few states, and lasts 7 yrs.
If you'll note, he's already in Florida according to his location.

SilentSoul, generally speaking you will be better off getting a small and fairly lightweight carry weapon in 9mm. It is easier to conceal and won't feel like you have this massive "shootin' iron" on your hip all day. Very few people stop at just one gun, so you can always pick up a larger 'range toy' for more entertainment/training.

Quote:
i don't personally like the idea of having a loaded firearm strapped to my body in a public sitting... maybe its just because i have no experience with doing so
You'll get used to it after a while. Once you see nobody is trying to 'out' you with your new firearm, it becomes second nature and you'll feel naked without it. Ever leave your wallet at home?

Last edited by chris in va; March 28, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.03566 seconds with 8 queries