View Single Post
Old January 12, 2014, 11:30 AM   #12
AK103K

Ive had AK's from low to high price wise, and the only ones Ive had issue with, were those assembled here. The only way Id buy one of the US made guns, would be if I could shoot it first.

I currently have an old SAR1, an early WASR10, and an early Krebs AK103K Saiga conversion. All of them shoot the same, and all work the same. The SAR has some slightly canted sights, and the finish wasnt all that great, but its still a good shooter with ammo it likes. Accuracy with all of them is on par with AR's, when shot "realistically", and similarly set up. Ammo is more of an issue when it comes to accuracy than the rifles themselves.

Im not sure what constitutes "quality" here. To me, if they work, and they are accurate within expectations, whats wrong with them? I guess its all a matter of perception.

As far as the SKS being better than the AK, I really dont see how. Ive owned a couple of them as well, and while they worked, they arent an AK, no matter how much you might want them to be, and the AK's replaced them for a reason.

My AK's easily shot as well as my SKS's did, and the AK's carry three times the ammo load, and are easier to reload.

Most of the aftermarket extended mags Ive seen for them are junk, and they work best using the original 10 round mags. More often than not, you dont get ten rounds in the gun when you reload, especially if you are pulling your strippers from a pouch. Strippers tend to be cheap and picky, and have a habit of dropping rounds, even with careful handling.

The AK's also offer an number of ways to attach an optic as well, something the SKS's lack.

Page generated in 0.03969 seconds with 8 queries