View Single Post
Old July 22, 2012, 03:34 PM   #68
Botswana

Quote:
Is it really necessary for 100 round magazines to be legal, knowing that its inevitable someone is going to come along and use them for this purpose
How is it inevitable? This is the first time I've heard of someone using a 100 round magazine in any sort of crime.

Reminds me of California banning .50 bhmg rounds even though none had been used in a crime.

This is where I struggle with "reasonable". I can come up with some good arguments for banning 100 round magazines. I can also do the reverse.

Part of the issues with these mass shooting incidents is we get too focused on the weapons and not the wielder. You can come up with all kinds of scenarios, but no amount of gun control seems to deter crime.

Ironically, if a regular 30 round magazine had been used, the results may have been far deadlier. Sorry, trying not to discuss the specific incident here, but the fact remains that a more reliable but lower capacity magazine would have made the situation worse. Sure, 100 round magazines give easy access to firepower, when they work.

Why is the knee jerk reaction to take something away from everyone who has not broken the law. Owning a firearm is legal. Shooting into crowds is not. You can argue weapons, accessories, and tactics all day long and it doesn't change the fact that someone with murderous intent had made a decision to kill many people in a short period of time.

Last edited by Botswana; July 22, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries