View Single Post
Old November 13, 2009, 09:40 AM   #1
wamin

Vintagemc313 A ZERO for Attitude

I was going to buy some brass from this guy. He listed that money orders were the prefered method of payment but in his reply he offered paypal in the email message to me plus the 4% fee.

Not that the fee was a big deal, I responded that paypal will NOW allow you to transfer money for free if you select their personal payment option. Something I didn't know until the other day.

The guy wanted the paypal fee regardless and berated in his emails. ( I was stupid, a clown, since I had zero post..why should he care)

Yes, I usually don't post, I'm a classified buyer for the most part, seldom do I sell. It's what I like to do.

I posted the following response in his add

First off the fee wasn't the issue. It was your conduct.

Second, I didn't ask about the paypal, you offered plus the 4% fee. I responded that paypal will NOW allow you to transfer money for free if you select their personal payment option. Something I didn't know until the other day.

You responded by berating me in your email and justifying if by stating since I had no post where "why should you care"

As I replied then, with a **** poor attitude like that you can keep your brass, I was buying more to help you out that anything.

I do think you should treat people with a little more respect. You never know who you are dealing with on the forums and just because all you see in front of you is your screen doesn't justify a condescending attitude or verbal abuse.

Yes, I was upset, in 20+ years of trading on the net (even before there were ISPs) you Sir are the only one that has ever addressed me like that.

Originally Posted by vintagemc313
With zero posts, I have to ask, why bother? Whatever it is, I get charged 4% anytime I recieve a PP payment. All of this back and forth for $1.32?? Way to start off. I will give you a day to verify if you want it or not, then I'll just put it back up for sale.

I've left out the PM with the name call but this is what lead up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamin
I guess then I have to ask if you don't have a commercial account and paypal isn't charging you the additional 4% why do you ask for it?

Quote:
I don't haver a commercial account. The 4% is still cheaper than the cost of the postal money order.

Quote:
I recently found out that paypal has a personal payment sectio that doesn't charge the precentage if you have a commerical account. I can send it that way if you'd like.

Quote:
Quote:
357 sig and 35 rem brass, send me a total

Here’s my contact information

Best Regards,

Thanks ****. The total with shipping will be $39.00. You can send postal money order to

If you want to do Pay-Pal +4%, send to **********@sbcglobal.net

If for some reason you change your mind, please let me know. Thanks. ***

Last edited by wamin; November 13, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.02690 seconds with 8 queries