View Single Post
Old January 13, 2019, 06:13 PM   #15
kmw1954

To elaborate on my wife's experience. She had never fired a gun before and was truly afraid to do so. I spent a good deal of time with her getting familiar with the gun and safe handling. We did a lot of dry fire. When she was finally ready to try we went to a range that I had never been to before. Big mistake. It was cramped, crowded and no dividers between stations. After just a few shots I could see she was physically upset and uncomfortable, partly because the guy next to her was raining down spent brass on her. Needless to say we quit and left. She was upset and stated she felt like she let me down which I did my best to assure her that wasn't the case. I had to reinforce that she did nothing wrong and even I felt uncomfortable there.

A few weeks later she was ready to try again and we went to a different range that I knew. An older indoor range that I suspected wouldn't be busy at the time we were going and it wasn't. She was much more relaxed and did quite well.

About six months after that she bought her XD and then about six months after that she bough another XD Mod2 in 45acp. It took her a few minutes to fire off that first shot with it but now she shoots it very well!

Last edited by kmw1954; January 13, 2019 at 06:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.03547 seconds with 8 queries