View Single Post
Old October 7, 2020, 03:09 PM   #16
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstone322 View Post
Yes, it was well worth it. Thanks for posting that.

Gun enthusiasts are a conservative lot by nature, and I'm always wary of that. In regard to S&W's reintroduced revolvers, I've often seen these kinda comments without much to back them up ...

• Sleeved barrel ... was better the old way
• MIM parts ... was better the old way
• Frame-mounted firing pin ... was better the old way
• Different ejector-rod locking mechanism ... was better the old way

OK, says who?

But here was a guy who examined the Model 19-9 in detail and declared the new one better in almost every way (or "brought into the 21st Century," as he put it). And he had every incentive to be an old-school purist.

My one personal exception would be the internal lock, but his take on that was "I don't care about that hole." I don't care either, but when my new revolver comes in (I now have a Model 67 on order), you can be sure I'm never gonna use it. (Why not just throw an external lock into the box? What on earth were they thinking?)

Anyway, thanks again, great vid.
And I'm not going to worry greatly about the lock. It's never been a problem in my lightweight 642. I really doubt a modern full size steel k-frame will have a problem either.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 8 queries