View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 03:15 AM   #13
Metal god

The 911 thing is when I stop listening to guys like that . It is SO not the same . The reason we have tighter security and more restrictions is because there are thousands of people actively trying to kill us as I type . The 911 thing reminds me of the conspiracy guys . They always say something that makes me stop listening too. They always come up something that's so far out there or totally wrong it puts in to question there credibility and for me there entire argument .

Now for the whole guns should be locked up at all times . I'm not sure how I feel about this . I feel it is my responsibility to keep my firearms away from those that should not have them . This does not include having them stolen . Let say I have a pool and I have friends over and they bring there kids . Although I would be keeping an eye out , it's there parents that should be watching them . Now if those kids get a hold of one of my firearms it would not be there parents fault it would be mine .

That being said I find it almost impossible to defend my family and home if all my firearms are locked up . Therefore I don't think I should have to keep them locked up . Well how do I keep them away from all that can get to them and still be able to quickly get to them if the need arises . The only thing I can think of is keep it on my person at all times . As much as I like my guns , I'm a city boy and that just seems odd to me .The screwed up part about that last statement is . Here in the big city is where I most likely would need to defend my self or family .In the last 20 years we have been burglarized 3 times and once when people were home asleep .

A little while back I woke up to something I thought was very odd . I will not go in to details but I did feel a need to grab a firearm . Have any of you tried to open your safe or steel gun cabinet as quietly as you can in the middle of the night . With all that steel clunking , pinging , squeaking OMG in the middle of the night when it's very quite( man it seemed loud ) . It made me reevaluate a lot of thing when it came to my home defense from how full my safe is to where I keep my phone . My phone was on the other side of the house cus thats where I put my day to day stuff like that .

Anyways sorry got a little off topic . I do feel It's the gun owners responsibility to keep there firearms out of the hands of anybody that could get to them but it's a real problem to have them all locked up when you need it .

So if the government passes a law stating all firearms must be locked up . The government should be responsible for all damages to your home life and family do to the fact they made it impossible for you to defend your self and family . If the government is going to make it virtually impossible to defend my self and family . They should have some capability in it .

As far as the NRA and do I feel they represent me and my thinking . I would say no I don't feel they represent my complete ideals . I don't think that matters really . I have voted many times in my life and I can't think of one person I voted for that I felt they were the perfect match to how I was thinking ( probably cus they're often a lot smarter then me ) You vote for the person and or group that closes represents what you want . Right now that's the NRA .

P.S. I woke to what turned out to be nothing

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; April 8, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 8 queries