View Single Post
Old January 22, 2014, 05:44 PM   #10
lcpiper

I did Basic at Ft. Dix, N.J. and several years later I did AIT for 12F, Engineer Tracked Vehicle Crewman at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. I did many of the things Herdman did, ropes, knots, demolitions, bridges, plus I got to fool around with the Engineer Tanks, the AVLB Bridge Tank and the M728 Combat Engineer Vehicle which was rather beastie I felt

I have one thing to add, never let on that you already know something about guns. Let the drills figure that out all on their own, if it's there, they'll see it. But if you volunteer it then they may see it as you being a "know it all" and they see these guys all the time. They might see this is something that is getting in the way of them teaching you the Army Way to do things. I can't say the Army Way is the best way, but it sure is the only way they want to hear about. just keep yourself to yourself and let them see what shines out all on it's own, it'll be better for you and you'll appreciate any good comments from your Drills all the more.

Congratulations, you are on your way to becoming a crunchy. Crunchy is slang for foot soldier, if you happen to be a DAT which is short for Tanker

You are going to have no fun, some fun, some change. Look forward to it, don't expect too much, it's a process.

Thank You for carrying on.

Last edited by lcpiper; January 22, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.02937 seconds with 8 queries