Thread: Blackhorns 209
View Single Post
Old November 17, 2017, 07:21 AM   #22
shortwave

As FrontierGander stated "1/8 drill bit for flash channel".

And as NoSecondBest stated "Torch tip cleaner for the flash hole".

When bench shooting running consecutive shots shooting BH209 in either my Accura or T/C Pro Hunter, can get away with anywhere from 10-15 shots before I notice accuracy starting to diminish. Seems the colder it is, and the longer I shoot with the steel bbl getting colder, that's when I have to clean the breech plug more often towards the 10 shot range.
At any rate, I use the 1/8 drill bit in the flash channel first, then run the torch tip cleaner through the flash hole. Figure I'm already there, why not clear any debris that may have fell into the flash hole.

In the field hunting, starting with a clean breech plug, have never had an issue. But after a day's hunt, if I would fire the rifle a time or two that day and was going out the following day, just as a precautionary measure, I'll quickly do the same drill bit/torch tip cleaner procedure as above usually without removing the breech plug. Just breaking rifle open, pointing muzzle upwards and cleaning breech plug. Pointing rifle upwards cause it usually has a load in it AND whatever debris that's in the breech plug will fall out instead of down into the flash hole.

Page generated in 0.02571 seconds with 8 queries