View Single Post
Old March 19, 2017, 01:03 AM   #8
larryf1952

Generally speaking, I find that I'm also able to adapt to almost any style grip size or shape. There certainly are those that I prefer because they just FEEL better, but I rarely come across a grip that I just hate. My hands are rather long and slender (my gut is not! ), so maybe that helps.

Just a few days ago, I was shooting a Springfield 1911. Before I left the range, I decided to pull out my old Jennings J22 that I carried in my bag, just for giggles, and ran 50 rounds through it. THAT certainly felt odd...going from a full size 1911 to a mini mouse gun. But, once I got the Jennings situated in my hand, it was no big deal.

I particularly like the feel of the CZ and Beretta 92 grips. I like the way that they fill my hand and fall into the web between the thumb and forefinger. I really like S&W revolvers with the old style, wooden target stocks. I have no problems with those at all and much prefer them to a rubber Hogue, which I find to be too skinny to feel good in my hand.

I sympathize with guys who have "chubby" hands and shorter fingers. I can definitely see where they might have problems with a number of guns. That's a shame, since it probably keeps them from enjoying a lot of nice guns.

Page generated in 0.02625 seconds with 8 queries