View Single Post
Old January 3, 2019, 08:50 PM   #5
AK103K

And AK's, AR's, SIG grip panels, Savage rifle stocks, Shockwave shotgun, Glock knives, to name a few more......, anything you want a non slip surface on.

My hands are pretty calloused, and anything plastic is normally slippery in my them if they dont have a pretty aggressive finish, especially if they are wet.

The only Glocks I dont stipple, are the older RTF2 finish they used on the "gill" guns. I think that was the best grip treatment Glock ever came up with, and I wish they'd go back to it.

Skatboard tape works great to a point, but coverage sucks and it tends to move around with hard use.

The great thing about stippling is, you can get full coverage wherever you want/need it, and when it wears down and starts to lose some of that aggressiveness, its easily touched up, and can be done so numerous times. The one Glock I use as a practice gun has been redone 4 or 5 times now. The 26 I use in practice, twice now.

I file a real fine "needle" type tip on my soldering pen, and its gives an almost velvet look when its done. The finish feels like a cross between a cats tongue and skateboard tape. Nothing super aggressive, but it locks the gun into your grip with a firm squeeze.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries