View Single Post
Old January 13, 2018, 08:50 AM   #3
LBussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
PSA was selling assembled pistol lowers(P in the serial #) with the EPT trigger for $130 a while back. If you go that route, you're always covered re:having a short barrel upper on hand.
You don't have to have a special "Pistol" lower in order to make a pistol. It just has to be a lower that has never been assembled into a rifle. Taking that pistol and adding a stock makes it a rifle and for that I'd need my stamp in hand.

Quote:
I don't see a little wiggle between upper and lower as being a big deal but if you do, use a wedge to minimize it.
It's not a big deal ... none of my issue M16's or M4's were ever what I would call "tight." However, this is a special build and I'm going to be paying attention to details like that. I realize wiggle between the receivers don't have a bearing on accuracy since the chamber, bore, and sight plane are all on the upper.

Quote:
Custom stamping/engraving and SBR engraving before finishing?? You're not likely to achieve that with over the counter assembled parts.
Right, "over the counter" to me means just that - you get what everyone else gets. That's why I'm in search of a manufacturer that will do custom work. I'm also not looking for assembled parts. For example, York Arms has exactly what I want in a lower, for the paltry sum of $330. I know I'm going to have to pay a premium, I'd just like to make sure I'm paying the market price. Since I can only find one source right now I have nothing to compare it to. They also don't offer a matched upper so I would be taking a chance there. I could always email and ask them if they would match the lower to an upper that I ship them.

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries