Thread: CeraKote
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2017, 03:36 PM   #2
TrueBlue711

Since the problem areas show shiny steel, I'm assuming this is on the barrel. How bad/big are the areas? What color is the cerakote? I paint all my guns myself using Duracoat. Very easy for the DIY person. I have a an air compressor and air brush set up for it, but they sell aerosol cans so anybody can do it. If you're picky and want cerakote, there are cerakote "applicators" everywhere. Shouldn't be hard to google one in your area. If it's just a barrel, it shouldn't cost much to do. If you don't mind what coating it is, get the duracoat aerosol can of your color choice and apply it yourself. Be sure to do the proper prep work before painting. If you're REALLY not picky, plain ol spray paint will work too.
Personally, I think cerakote is a superior product to duracoat. But duracoat works great in my opinion. The guns I treasure most, I get professionally cerakoted. The rest, I duracoat in my garage. I shoot plenty enough and none have shown wear and tear yet. I'm sure they will eventually, but then I would just repaint them.

Page generated in 0.03584 seconds with 8 queries