Thread: EEA 357 2"
View Single Post
Old October 4, 2017, 10:18 AM   #5
shurshot

I bought a "Vindicator" this August after researching it. I'm very happy with it. Its not the same as a snub Colt Lawman .357 or SW 19 snub, as far as fit, finish and pride of ownership. But for around $300, its a nice durable weapon, and it's one Hell of a deal! German steel, heavy duty, super tight action, bluing isn't bad, rubber grips are comforting, fit my hand good. I actually really like the grip, as it absorbs the snappy magnum recoil quite well. Accurate for fixed sights (which I prefer over adjustable on a snubby CCW anyhow). I put .38 158's and .357 125 Magnums through it in my field, both rounds blistering repeatedly through an empty Flex seal can at 15 yards. If I can hit a rabbit sized target at 20 yards or less, I'm happy as I like my CCW's to double as trail guns when the mood strikes to take a stroll in the woods. If a varmint or edible and legal small game is spotted, I like the ability to shoot and hit my target. I put a couple coats of high visibility orange fingernail polish on my front sight, covered that with clear nail polish. Action is very tight, trigger ok. Double action is heavy, but managable for the type of shooting I was doing and I shot it as well double action as I do my more exspensive revolvers. Overall quality reminds me of Rossi and or Taurus in the mid 1980's (I thought they made better guns then), quite good and superb value for the price, and better than Charter Arms in my opinion. Great truck gun, hiking gun, or CCW for citizen or LEO off duty. Cylinder rotates same direction as a Colt, but release pushes forward like a Smith & Wesson. Yes, I carry mine in a high rise holster (leather HW brand) and with a couple of speedloaders or speedstrips would trust it as much as I would one of my other more exspensive revolvers. Frame size is appx. the same as a S&W K frame snubby Combat Magnum... as far as holsters, so I'm guessing just like Bill Jordan had suggested for the mod 19, this size gun should be primarily shot with .38's, and save the hot .357's for occasional use and self defense. Now to be honest, It doesn't get me all warm and fuzzy when I fondle it as I get when I handle my S&W 629 Talo .44 mag, my 642, or one of my other S&W's. The Windicator (pronounced "Vindicator" in German), is not a "sexy" gun in my eyes, at least not like a S&W if you know what I mean. But it is a rugged all steel .357 that serves its purpose. Some might call it heavy, but if you like a 686 or 629 snub for CCW, the Windicator feels light. That being said, it's too heavy for a pocket (unless its a big winter coat with deep pockets), and a good leather high rise holster handles it well. Muzzle has been cut and left un-blued, due to import restrictions. A couple coats of cold bluing will fix that, and for the price, who can complain?

Last edited by shurshot; October 4, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries