View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 07:22 PM   #234
ClydeFrog

post 196.....

I disagree strongly with post #196.
Martin's culture or personal bias shouldn't prevent him from contacting LE in a serious emergency. If he witnessed a fire or saw Zimmerman commit arson would he not call the fire department?
Martin, like other youths of his generation have had the very latest in public safety awareness or PR displays at school.
Are you honestly saying to me, at 17 years old, Trevon Martin would not be able to report a crime to 911 or at the very least, choose not to have LE aid him?
School age kids in 2013 GREW UP around police, security, sheriff's deputies, fire fighters, McGruff the Crime Dog, etc. They know & fully understand from school/media displays how to deal with serious emergencies.
Kids are young, but they are not stupid.

In closing, I don't want to jump on the "blame the parents" soapbox but if your teen or young adult children have problems at school or with authority then they may face other problems later on in life.

CF
PS; I'd add that as a security officer, I often deal with events that include teens or young adults. I'm not their parent, coach, teacher, or social worker. If they are wrong or are doing something illegal they have to face up to it just like everyone else.

Page generated in 0.02976 seconds with 8 queries